Trace your family tree - Australian and English family trees
1. James1 Beckett, born 1751 in Radnor, Shropshire, England, son of James Beckett and Elizabeth Evans. He married on 30 Jan 1791at St Johns, Parramatta, NSW - Ann Calcut, born 1770c in Hansworth, Stafford, England ; died 1821/28.
Notes for James Beckett
James was convicted at Shropshire in Oct 1788 of highway robbery and sentenced to death which was commuted to transportation for life. He was a Brickmaker/farmer. He arrived on the Surprise in 1790.
Notes for Ann Calcut
Convicted at Stafford, in 1789, of theft of a silver table spoon, a fan, a bonnet, an apron, a handkerchief and a pair of shoe buckles. She arrived in Australian in 1790 on the Neptune.
Children of James Beckett and Ann Calcut were as follows:
+ 2 i Mary
+ 3 ii Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, born 2 Apr 1798; died 1840. She married (1) George Tuckwell; (2) John Hendle; (3) William James.
+ 4 iii Samuel2 Beckett, born 2 Oct 1791 ; died 1793.
+ 5 iv James2 Beckett, born 15 Jul 1793 Parramatta; died 1876. He married Mary Best.
6 v Samuel2 Beckett, born 1795. He married Hannah Dalton.
2. Mary2 Beckett (James1), born 31 Jul 1800; died 2 Dec 1857. She married on 16 Feb 1818 at St Johns C of E, Parramatta, NSW - Thomas Best, born 20 Jun 1799 in Sydney; died 26 Jan 1874, son of George Best(Convict - third fleet) and Martha Chamberlain(Convict - Indispensible).
Children of Mary Beckett and Thomas Best were as follows:
+ 7 i Hester Letitia
8 ii Mary Ann3 Best, born 18 Mar 1820 Dural; died 1876 Parramatta. She married on 20 Feb 1838 St Johns, Parramatta - Daniel Brien, born 17 Jul 1817 Seven Hills, NSW; died 1878 in Harold Street, Parramatta, son of Daniel(Convict - Salamander) Brien and Mary Ann Parker (Convict - ship 'Sydney Cove).
9 iii Peter3 Best, born 1827; died 1829.
10 iv Henrietta3 Best, born 1847. She married John McArthur on 23 Feb 1870 Mudgee, NSW.
11 v Allan Joseph Buckley3 Best, born 1841 in Tanmangaroo, NSW.
+ 12 vi Thomas Samuel3 Best, born 3 Jul 1822 Dural, NSW; died 31 Dec 1893. He married Mary Ann Tuckwell.
13 vii Eliza3 Best, born 18 Oct 1833 Dural; died 1882. She married Richard Webb, born 1826; died 1884.
+ 14 viii George3 Best, born 6 Dec 1824 Dural; died 1854 Parramatta. He married Eleanor Moore.
+ 15 ix Henry William3 Best, born 14 Oct 1838 Dural; died 20 Jun 1887. He married Emma Woodhouse.
16 x Sarah3 Best, born 20 May 1829 Dural; died 1906. She married Benjamin Hancock, died 1896.
17 xi Sophia Hope3 Best, born 28 Aug 1836 Dural; died 1916 Toowoomba, Qld. She married Frederick Hurrell Holbertson in 1869 in Qld .
18 xii Elizabeth3 Best, born 1 Jan 1839 Dural. She married John Mobbs, born 1826 Orange Grove, Pennant Hills, NSW; died 1891 Parkes, son of John Mobbs and Phoebe Tomlinson.
3. Hester (Esther)2 Beckett (James1), born 2 Apr 1798; died 1840. She married (1) George Tuckwell, born 18 Sep 1803Parramatta; died 1831, son of Richard Tuckwell and Elizabeth Budden; (2) on 20 Jan 1812 Parramatta - John Hendle, born 5 Jul 1789 Sydney; died 1823 Parramatta; (3) on 24 Jul 1832 Parramatta - William James, born 13 Oct 1808 Parramatta; died 1878 Yass, NSW, son of Samuel James (convict - Perseus) and Anne Bean.
Children of Hester (Esther) Beckett and George Tuckwell were as follows:
19 i Elizabeth
+ 20 ii George Richard3 Tuckwell, born 11 Sep 1825 Parramatta; died 1918. He married Mary Ann Crane.
21 iii Samuel3 Tuckwell, born 1829.
Children of Hester (Esther) Beckett and John Hendle were as follows:
+ 22 i Joseph3 Hendle, born 19 Feb 1815 Parramatta; died 1859 Qld. He married Lucy Jane James.
Children of Hester (Esther) Beckett and William James were as follows:
23 i Ann3 James, born 1830.
24 ii William James3 James, born 1833.
25 iii Thomas Edward3 James, born 1836; died 1876.
26 iv John Henry3 James, born 1838; died 1902.
27 v Martha Jane3 James, born 1840; died 1937.
+ 28 vi Esther Adeliza3 James, born 1850Tangmangaroo, NSW; died 1901 in Warren, NSW. She married John Tuckwell.
4. Samuel2 Beckett (James1), born 2 Oct 1791 NSW; died 1793. He married on 21 May 1820 St Johns, Parramatta - Hannah Dalton, born 12 Feb 1793, daughter of John Dalton(Convict - Albermarle) and Elizabeth Morris(Convict - Mary Ann).
Children of Samuel Beckett and Hannah Dalton were as follows:
+ 29 i Ann
+ 30 ii Elizabeth3 Beckett, born 6 Aug 1825 Parramatta; died 1899. She married David Basil Howard.
31 iii Jane Eliza3 Beckett, born 25 Apr 1827. She married Charles Horwood, born 1813c; died 1888.
5. James2 Beckett (James1), born 15 Jul 1793 Parramatta; died 1876. He married on 31 Mar 1823 Parramatta - Mary Best, born 3 Oct 1803 Castle Hill, NSW; died 1870 Parramatta, daughter of George Best(Convict - third fleet) and Martha Chamberlain(Convict - Indispensible).
Children of James Beckett and Mary Best were as follows:
32 i James
+ 33 ii Martha3 Beckett, born 4 Apr 1827 Castle Hill; died 1860 Chippendale, NSW. She married (1) Thomas Tabor; (2) Jacob Aldstone (Alston).
34 iii Rebecca3 Beckett, born 22 Aug 1828 Castle Hill; died 1870.
+ 35 iv Samuel Joseph3 Beckett, born 22 Nov 1829 Castle Hill; died 1979 Parramatta. He married Rebecca Cusbert.
36 v Mary Ann3 Beckett, born 22 Aug 1831Parramatta; died 1902 in Sydney. She married on 13 May 1850 Bathurst - James Brown, born 1823 in Scotland Glasgow; died 1890 Sydney.
37 vi Esther Jane3 Beckett, born 8 May 1833; died 1838c.
+ 38 vii Thomas3 Beckett, born 29 Oct 1835; died 1903c. He married Elizabeth Barker.
+ 39 viii Sarah Jane3 Beckett, born 5 Oct 1837 Parramatta. She married Samuel William Rutherford.
+ 40 ix Henry William3 Beckett, born 1 Jan 1840. He married Mary Ann Clarke.
+ 41 x George3 Beckett, born 27 Oct 1842. He married Rosa Troughton.
42 xi Ann3 Beckett, born 9 Jun 1845. She married William Anderson in 1863 Parramatta .
7. Hester Letitia3 Best (Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 7 Apr 1818 Dural; died 21 Aug 1886 Dural. She married on 27 Feb 1838 Parramatta - Henry T Tomkins(Thompkins), born 15 Aug 1815 in Toongabbie, son of Thomas Thompkins(Convict - Fortune) and Elizabeth Morris(Convict - Mary Ann).
Children of Hester Letitia Best and Henry T Tomkins(Thompkins) were as follows:
43 i Elisabeth
44 ii Sophia4 Tomkins (Thompkins), born 21 Nov 1854 ; died 4 Jun 1926.
45 iii Thomas4 Tomkins (Thompkins), born 23 Aug 1842 Dural.
46 iv Sarah4 Tomkins (Thompkins), born 4 Sep 1849 NSW.
47 v John4 Tomkins (Thompkins), born 1859 Parramatta; died 19 Dec 1905 Dural. He married in 1890 Central Cumberland - Elizabeth Cassell, born 1862 Parramatta, daughter of John William Cassell and Catherine Bennett.
+ 48 vi Henry J4 Tompkins, born 15 Jul 1853 Dural; died 1906 in Parramatta. He married Agnes R Green.
49 vii Mary4 Tompkins, born 1846. She married Samuel Beckett (see 109), born 1854 Parramatta, son of Samuel Joseph Beckett and Rebecca Cusbert.
12. Thomas Samuel3 Best (Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 3 Jul 1822 Dural; died 31 Dec 1893. He married on 2 Jan 1845 Dural - Mary Ann Tuckwell, born 1 Feb 1824; died 20 Aug 1901, daughter of William Thomas Tuckwell and Elizabeth Mary Thorn.
Children of Thomas Samuel Best and Mary Ann Tuckwell were as follows:
+ 50 i Alfred Ernest
+ 51 ii Alice Maud4 Best, born 26 Aug 1866 Parramatta. She married George Best.
+ 52 iii Arthur John4 Best, born 30 Aug 1853 Dural; died 11 May 1921. He married Elizabeth Roughley.
53 iv Elizabeth Rebecca4 Best, born 15 Aug 1851 Dural; died 29 Apr 1929. She married James Pearce on 14 Sep 1881 Seven Hills.
54 v Emily Amelia4 Best, born 9 Aug 1849 Dural; died 5 Dec 1935. She married James Black on 28 Apr 1883 Dural.
55 vi George H4 Best, born 1853 Ryde, NSW.
56 vii Henry Albert4 Best, born 1864 Parramatta. He married in 1888 in Central Cumberland - Martha Amanet Best, born 16 Aug 1858 in NSW; christened at St Bartholomew, Prospect - daughter of William Best and Susan Gilbert.
57 viii James Frederick4 Best, born 16 Oct 1862Dural; died 9 Jul 1908.
14. George3 Best (Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 6 Dec 1824 Dural; died 1854 in Parramatta. He married in 1846 Parramatta - Eleanor Moore, born 9 Sep 1826 in Parramatta; died 1862, daughter of William Moore (Convict -Royal Admiral) and Eleanor Wise (Convict - Minstrel).
Children of George Best and Eleanor Moore were as follows:
58 i Emily d
59 ii George F4 Best, born 1847 NSW; died 1916 in Boorowra, NSW.
60 iii Mary Ann4 Best, born 1848.
61 iv Sophia Jane4 Best, born 1853; died 1880.
15. Henry William3 Best (Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 14 Oct 1838 Dural; died 20 Jun 1887. He married on 9 Sep 1867 Gosford, NSW, - Emma Woodhouse, born 1844 in Picton, NSW, daughter of George James Woodhouse and Ann Andrews.
Children of Henry William Best and Emma Woodhouse were as follows:
62 i Frank M
63 ii Emma F4 Best, born 1869 Young.
64 iii Harry W4 Best, born 1872 Yass.
65 iv Mary Ann4 Best, born 1873 Yass.
66 v Clara Ada4 Best, born 1880 Young.
67 vi George J4 Best, born 1882 Murrumburrah.
68 vii Lucy E4 Best, born 1878 Murrumburrah.
20. George Richard3 Tuckwell (Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 11 Sep 1825 Parramatta; died 1918. He married on 19 Aug 1845 - Mary Ann Crane, born 5 Sep 1826 Sydney; died 1903 Parramatta, daughter of John Crane and Rebecca England.
Children of George Richard Tuckwell and Mary Ann Crane were as follows:
69 i Mary Ann Esther
+ 70 ii William James4 Tuckwell, born 1848. He married Lucy Clare Dale.
+ 71 iii Elizabeth Sarah4 Tuckwell, born 1850 Castle Hill; died 1933 Parramatta. She married Thomas Edward Sorrell.
72 iv Martha Rebecca4 Tuckwell, born 1852 Castle Hill. She married in 1873 Parramatta - Moses Stoneham, born 1843c in Tasmania, son of John Stoneham.
+ 73 v George Richard4 Tuckwell, born 1854. He married Frances White.
74 vi Alfred J4 Tuckwell, born 1864 Parramatta. He married Sarah J Holland in 1888 Sydney .
75 vii Arthur H4 Tuckwell, born 1865 Parramatta.
+ 76 viii John Samuel4 Tuckwell, born 1857 Parramatta. He married (1) Martha Ham; (2) Anne Cusbert.
77 ix Mary E4 Tuckwell, born 1867 Parramatta.
78 x Clara A4 Tuckwell, born 1870 Parramatta. She married in 1895 in Parramatta James Pye.
79 xi Charles H C4 Tuckwell, born 1860 Parramatta.
80 xii Robert E4 Tuckwell, born 1861 Parramatta.
81 xiii Susan Ann4 Tuckwell, born 1856 Castle Hill. She married in 1881 Parramatta James B Ridge, born 1841, son of James Bligh Ridge and Sophia Huxley.
22. Joseph3 Hendle (Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 19 Feb 1815 Parramatta; died 1859 Qld. He married on 19 Oct 1840 Parramatta - Lucy Jane James, born 2 Oct 1822 Castle Hill; died 1901 Granville, daughter of Samuel(Convict) James and Anne Bean.
Children of Joseph Hendle and Lucy Jane James were as follows:
82 i William J
83 ii Thomas4 Hendle, born 1854c.
28. Esther Adeliza3 James (Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 1850 in Australia NSW Tangmangaroo; died 1901 in Australia NSW Warren. She married in 1866 in Boorowra, NSW - John Tuckwell, born 1842 Windsor; died 1873 Woolloomooloo, son of Richard Tuckwell and Frances Martin.
Children of Esther Adeliza James and John Tuckwell were as follows:
84 i Frances E
85 ii Mary J4 Tuckwell, born 1869 Yass.
86 iii William4 Tuckwell, born 1871 Yass.
87 iv John Alfred4 Tuckwell, born 1872 Yass.
88 v Samuel Henry4 Tuckwell, born 1874 Yass.
89 vi Lewis Avondale4 Tuckwell, born 1883 Yass.
90 vii Albert W4 Tuckwell, born 1885 in Dubbo.
91 viii Richard E4 Tuckwell, born 1890 Warren, NSW.
29. Ann3 Beckett (Samuel2, James1), born 11 Nov 1823 Parramatta; died 1882 in Wagga Wagga. She married on 4 Aug 1845 Prospect - Morgan Hygmus Power, born 11 Jun 1824 Prospect; died 14 Apr 1875 Gumly Gumly, NSW, son of Timothy Power and Elizabeth Best.
Children of Ann Beckett and Morgan Hygmus Power were as follows:
92 i Ann
30. Elizabeth3 Beckett (Samuel2, James1), born 6 Aug 1825 in Australia NSW Parramatta; died 1899. She married in 1846 in Australia NSW Prospect David Basil Howard, born 1822 in Australia NSW Castlereagh; died 1875 in Australia NSW Seven Hills, son of Thomas(C) Howard and Ann Williams.
Children of Elizabeth Beckett and David Basil Howard were as follows:
93 i Sidney
94 ii Alfred James4 Howard, born 1847 Prospect.
95 iii Elizabeth Hannah4 Howard, born 1848c Prospect.
96 iv Sarah Jane4 Howard, born 1851 Prospect.
97 v David Basil4 Howard, born 1853c Prospect.
98 vi Jonathon4 Howard, born 1855c Prospect.
99 vii Henry William4 Howard, born 1860c Parramatta.
100 viii Thomas Samuel4 Howard, born 1862c Parramatta.
101 ix Fanny May4 Howard, born 1867c Parramatta.
33. Martha3 Beckett (James2, James1), born 4 Apr 1827 Castle Hill; died 1860 in Chippendale. She married (1) Thomas Tabor; (2) in 1840 Jacob Aldstone(Alston), born 1807 in England Westmoreland.
Notes for Jacob Aldstone(Alston)
Tried 1826 Lancaster Quarter Sessions. Arrived 1829 on the Mellish. Certificate of Freedom 1833
Children of Martha Beckett and Thomas Tabor were as follows:
102 iii Thomas John William
Children of Martha Beckett and Jacob Aldstone(Alston) were as follows:
103 i James4 Aldstone, born 1841.
104 ii Martha4 Rosanna Aldstone, born 1843.
+ 105 iii Sarah Matilda Jane4 Aldstone, born 1847; died 1928 Redfern. She married George Andrew.
35. Samuel Joseph3 Beckett (James2, James1), born 22 Nov 1829 Castle Hill; died 1979 Parramatta. He married Rebecca Cusbert, born 1830 in Ireland Wicklow; died 1870, daughter of Joseph Cusbert and Alechia (Eliza) Williams.
Children of Samuel Joseph Beckett and Rebecca Cusbert were as follows:
+ 106 i James
+ 107ii Samuel4 Beckett, born 1854 Parramatta. He married Mary Tompkins (see 49).
+ 108 iii Alice Mary4 Beckett, born 1855 Castle Hill; died 1927 Inverell. She married Mitchell Laidlaw.
+ 109 iv Rebecca4 Beckett, born 1857 Parramatta; died 1945 Marrickville. She married James Wilford Watling.
+ 110 v Henry W4 Beckett, born 1860 Parramatta. He married Elizabeth J Bryce.
111 vi Martha E4 Beckett, born 1865 Parramatta.
112 vii Victoria4 Beckett, born 1868 Parramatta.
+ 113 viii Arthur Ernest4 Beckett, born 1871 Parramatta; died 1938 in Tingha. He married (1) Isabella Johnson; (2) Bridget Curtin.
38. Thomas3 Beckett (James2, James1), born 29 Oct 1835; died 1903c. He married .Elizabeth Barker in 1864 Parramatta.
Children of Thomas Beckett and Elizabeth Barker were as follows:
114 i Thomas
115 ii John G4 Beckett, born 1867 Redfern.
39. Sarah Jane3 Beckett (James2, James1), born 5 Oct 1837 Parramatta. She married in 1856 Pt Stephens - Samuel William Rutherford, born 1833, son of Anne (---).
Children of Sarah Jane Beckett and Samuel William Rutherford were as follows:
116 i Charles R
117 ii Sarah J4 Rutherford, born 1866 Mudgee.
118 iii Ann F4 Rutherford, born 1856 Pt Stephens.
119 iv William H4 Rutherford, born 1869 Mudgee.
120 v Martha Alice4 Rutherford, born 1871 Mudgee.
121 vi Samuel J4 Rutherford, born 1858 Parramatta.
122 vii Mary J4 Rutherford, born 1860 Mudgee.
123 viii Phoebe E4 Rutherford, born 1861 Mudgee.
124 ix Clara H4 Rutherford, born 1877 Mudgee.
40. Henry William3 Beckett (James2, James1), born 1 Jan 1840. He married Mary Ann Clarke in 1859 Parramatta. .
Children of Henry William Beckett and Mary Ann Clarke were as follows:
125 i Mary
126 ii Elizabeth4 Beckett, born 1887 Sydney.
127iii Maud4 Beckett, born 1889 in Newtown.
41. George3 Beckett (James2, James1), born 27 Oct 1842. He married Rosa Troughton in 1863 Parramatta .
Children of George Beckett and Rosa Troughton were as follows:
128 i George S
129 ii Frederick H4 Beckett, born 1867 Parramatta.
48. Henry J4 Tompkins (Hester Letitia3 Best, Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 15 Jul 1853 Dural; died 1906 Parramatta. He married Agnes R Green in 1882 in Bourke.
Children of Henry J Tompkins and Agnes R Green were as follows:
130 i Percy L
131 ii Reginald F5 Tompkins, born 1887 Hillston. He married Mary Little in 1920 Sydney .
132 iii Constance E5 Tompkins, born 1888 Hillston. She married Donald Wallace in 1920 Ashfield .
133 iv Kathleen G J5 Tompkins, born 1890 Hillston.
134 v Lily M E5 Tompkins, born 1891 Hillston.
50. Alfred Ernest4 Best (Thomas Samuel3, Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 1860 Parramatta. He married in 1884 Waterloo - Lydia A Thompson, born 1866, daughter of Henry Thompson and Lydia Ann Curtis.
Children of Alfred Ernest Best and Lydia A Thompson were as follows:
135 i Alfred E
136 ii Alice Mary5 Best, born 1 Feb 1890 Redfern. She married in 1911 Dural - Harold Amos Hawkins, born 19 Jun 1890 Dural, son of William R Hawkins and Amy E.
137 iii Aubrey A5 Best, born 1889 Redfern. He married in 1922 Gosford Annetta E Coulter.
138 iv Elsie Maud5 Best, born 2 May 1887 Dural; died 26 Oct 1933. She married William E Curtis in 1907 Sydney.
139 v Ivy M5 Best, born 1885 Redfern. She married Algernon Richardson in 1917 Hornsby .
51. Alice Maud4 Best (Thomas Samuel3, Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 26 Aug 1866 Parramatta. She married in 1887 inCentral Cumberland - George Best, born 15 Aug 1855 Seven Hills; died 1923, son of William Best and Susan Gilbert.
Children of Alice Maud Best and George Best were as follows:
140 i William
141 ii Olive5 Best, born 1889 Central Cumberland.
142 iii George5 Best, born 1891 Central Cumberland.
143 iv Leslie5 Best, born 1893 Central Cumberland.
144 v Alice C5 Best, born 1896 Central Cumberland.
145 vi Ronald5 Best, born 1898 Parramatta.
146 vii Thomas5 Best, born 1900; died 1900.
147 viii Beryl Vivienne5 Best, born 1901 Parramatta.
148 ix Noel G5 Best, born 1904 Parramatta.
52. Arthur John4 Best (Thomas Samuel3, Mary2 Beckett, James1), born 30 Aug 1853Dural; died 11 May 1921. He married on 17 Aug 1880 Parramatta - Elizabeth Roughley, born 14 Sep 1859 Parramatta; died 1938, daughter of James Roughley and Lydia Hunt.
Children of Arthur John Best and Elizabeth Roughley were as follows:
149 i Arthur Edgar
150 ii Dorothy Myrtle5 Best, born 20 Sep 1898 Dural; died 2 Nov 1920.
151 iii Ethel Gertrude5 Best, born 29 Apr 1887 Dural; died 9 Jul 1900.
152 iv George Arnold5 Best, born 6 Jun 1891 Dural; died 4 Mar 1955. He married in 1918 Sydney - Dorothy Wilson McIlveride, born 1890 in Parramatta; died 1974, daughter of Alexander McIlveride and Margaret (---).
153 v Harold Edmund5 Best, born 6 May 1885 Dual; died 20 Jan 1952. He married in 1915 Parramatta - Gertrude Catherine King, born 1888 Central Cumberland; died 1934, daughter of Robert T King and Catherine Miller.
154 vi Gladys Alma5 Best, born 1894 Parramatta; died 1955. She married in 1921 Parramatta Harold John Loomes, born 1893 Camden; died 1958.
155 vii Oswald Stanley5 Best, born 1880 in Dural; died 1896.
156 viii Mildred Beatrice5 Best, born 1893 Dural; died 1941.
157 ix Evelyn May5 Best, born 1889 Dural; died 1964.
158 x Lizzie Violet5 Best, born 1896 Parramatta.
159 xi Una May5 Best, born 1900 Dural; died 1885.
160 xii Leila Winifred5 Best, born 1901 Dural; died 1973.
70. William James4 Tuckwell (George Richard3, Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 1848. He married in 1870Redfern - Lucy Clare Dale, born 1843; died 1900 in Parramatta, daughter of David Dale and Charlotte (---).
Children of William James Tuckwell and Lucy Clare Dale were as follows:
161 i Eva Charlotte
1642ii Clara Rebecca5 Tuckwell, born 1883 Parramatta.
71. Elizabeth Sarah4 Tuckwell (George Richard3, Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 1850 Castle Hill; died 1933 Parramatta. She married in 1877 Sydney - Thomas Edward Sorrell, born 1864 Redfern; died 1947 Banksia, son of William Sorrell and Emma Edwards.
Children of Elizabeth Sarah Tuckwell and Thomas Edward Sorrell were as follows:
163 i Albert Carruthers
73. George Richard4 Tuckwell (George Richard3, Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 1854. He married in 1881 Orange Frances White.
Children of George Richard Tuckwell and Frances White were as follows:
164 i Reginald G
165 ii Byron G N5 Tuckwell, born 1884 Petersham.
166 iii Sydney W5 Tuckwell, born 1887 St Peters. He married Julia I McKeon in 1912 Hurstville .
167 iv Aldain H5 Tuckwell, born 1889 Rockdale.
168 v Stanley5 Tuckwell, born 1892 Rockdale. He married Greta S Grose in 1920 Rockdale .
76. John Samuel4 Tuckwell (George Richard3, Hester (Esther)2 Beckett, James1), born 1857 Parramatta. He married (1) Martha Ham in 1889 Parramatta ; (2) in 1885 Rouse Hill - Anne Cusbert, born 1865 Dubbo; died May 1886 Castle Hill, daughter of Henry Cusbert and Hannah Williams.
Children of John Samuel Tuckwell and Anne Cusbert were as follows:
169 i Florence Mabel
103. Sarah4 Tabor (Martha3 Beckett, James2, James1), born 1847. She married George Andrew.
Children of Sarah Tabor and George Andrew were as follows:
170 i George Fairhurst
+ 171 ii Agnes5 Andrew, born 1878. She married unknown.
+ 172 iii Ida Maud5 Andrew, born 1882. She married Joseph Ashworth.
105. Sarah Matilda Jane4 Aldstone (Martha3 Beckett, James2, James1), born 1847; died 1928 Redfern. She married George Andrew in 1875 Sydney .
Children of Sarah Matilda Jane Aldstone and George Andrew were as follows:
+ 173 i Gertrude Violet
106. James4 Beckett (Samuel Joseph3, James2, James1), born 1852 Dural; died 1905 Tingha. He married in 1883 Bundarra Cooper Creek - Elizabeth Jane Dunshea, born 11 Jul 1865 Braidwood; died 1932 Newtown, daughter of Andrew Dunshea and Sarah Ann Wright Mackie.
Children of James Beckett and Elizabeth Jane Dunshea were as follows:
174 i James Andrew
175 ii Samuel F5 Beckett, born 1888 Inverell; died 1905 in Inverell.
176 iii Grace j5 Beckett, born 1890 Inverell; died 1975. She married in 1907 Inverell - Francis Edward Burns, born 1879 in Warialda; died 1962 in Sydney, son of John Burns and Matilda Russell.
177 iv Cyril Oliver C5 Beckett, born 1897 Inverell; died 1941 Cessnock.
178 v Alfred5 Beckett, born 1901 Inverell; died 1961 Chippendale
+ 179 vi Sidney Harold5 Beckett, born 19 Jun 1902 Tingha; died 1954 in Paddington. He married Miriam Doris Saley. Miriam was born in 1905 and died in 1964 in Paddington.
180 vii Ernest Godfrey5 Beckett, born 15 Sep 1904 Tingha; died 1962 Annanadale. He married Ann Douglass.
Note: After James' death Elizabeth married Alfred Page in 1906 in Inverell. Child: Colin Theo William Page born 1908 in Tingha. Colin married Rita F Wallace in 1932 in Newtown. Colin died in 1972 in Tregear and Rita died in 1969 in Tregear, aged 61 years.
107. Samuel4 Beckett (Samuel Joseph3, James2, James1), born 1854 Parramatta. He married Mary Tompkins (see 49), born 1846, daughter of Henry T Tomkins(Thompkins) and Hester Letitia Best.
Children of Samuel Beckett and Mary Tompkins were as follows:
181 i Leonard Clifton
182 ii George Ephrain5 Beckett, born 1879.
108. Alice Mary4 Beckett (Samuel Joseph3, James2, James1), born 1855 Castle Hill; died 1927 Inverell. She married on 27 Jun 1883 Inverell - Mitchell Laidlaw, born 1844 Berwick on Tweed, Scotland; died 1929 Inverell.
Children of Alice Mary Beckett and Mitchell Laidlaw were as follows:
+ 183 i Samuel Ernest
184 ii Mitchell John5 Laidlaw, born 1 Sep 1888 Gum Flat; died 1970 in Parramatta.
185 iii James S5 Laidlaw, born 1886 Inverell.
186 iv George A5 Laidlaw, born 1894 Inverell; died 1917 in Belgium.
187 v Alice Margaret5 Laidlaw, born 11 Dec 1898 Little Plain. She married Clarence Stanley Moore, born 1893 in Inverell; died 1939 in Inverell.
109. Rebecca4 Beckett (Samuel Joseph3, James2, James1), born 1857Parramatta; died 1945Marrickville. She married in 1880 Tamworth - James Wilford Watling, born 1854; died 1934 Hunters Hill.
Children of Rebecca Beckett and James Wilford Watling were as follows:
188 i Charles Herbert
189 ii James Wilford5 Watling, born 1883 Inverell; died 1906 Inverell.
190 iii Albert Edward5 Watling, born 1886 Inverell; died 1945 Ryde.
191 iv Isabella5 Watling, born 1887.
192 v Nathaniel J5 Watling, born 1888.
193 vi Emily A5 Watling, born 1889 Inverell.
194 vii Rex E5 Watling, born 1890.
195 viii Richard L5 Watling, born 1891.
196 ix Ellen5 Watling, born 1897.
197 x Rebecca5 Watling, born 1897.
198 xi Reginald5 Watling, born 1898.
110. Henry W4 Beckett (Samuel Joseph3, James2, James1), born 1860 Parramatta. He married in 1890 - Waverley Elizabeth J Bryce, born 1 Jan 1870; died 1938 Redfern.
Children of Henry W Beckett and Elizabeth J Bryce were as follows:
199 i Alice Elizabeth Christina Jane
200 ii Victoria5 Beckett, born 1896 Randwick.
201 iii Ethel M5 Beckett, born 1900 Randwick.
202 iv Henrietta5 Beckett, born 1903 Waterloo.
113. Arthur Ernest4 Beckett (Samuel Joseph3, James2, James1), born 1871Parramatta; died 1938Tingha. He married (1) on 19 Jul 1906 Inverell - Isabella Johnson, died 1931; (2) on 8 Jan 1896 Bundarra - Bridget Curtin, born 1877 Warialda; died 1905Tingha, daughter of Peter Curtin and Susanna Melamphfy.
Children of Arthur Ernest Beckett and Isabella Johnson were as follows:
+ 203 i Samuel J
+ 204 ii Bernice S5 Beckett, born 15 Nov 1908 Inverell; died 1984 Toowoomba, Qld. She married Oswald Guy Wheatley.
+ 205 iii Dulcie Myra5 Beckett, born 13 Jan 1911; died 1986. She married (1) James Hooper Coates; (2) Gilbert Mann.
+ 206 iv Joyce5 Beckett, born 4 Sep 1913; died 1964 Tingha. She married Clement John Kerr.
207 v Henry W5 Beckett, born 4 Jul 1915. He married Ruth Mitchell in 1939 Inverell .
208 vi Lancelot Cuthbert5 Beckett, born 2 Jul 1916 Forbes; died 1935 Tingha.
209 vii Trevor Francis5 Beckett, born 6 Apr 1921. He married Joyce Harding.
210 viii Arthur L5 Beckett, born 1901 Inverell; died 1956 Sydney.
211 ix Edgar James5 Beckett, born 1902 Inverell; died 1923 Tingha.
+ 212 x Ernest5 Beckett, born 1905 Joe's Gully, Inverell; died 1976 in Gosford. He married Kathleen Susannah Orchard.
Children of Arthur Ernest Beckett and Bridget Curtin were as follows:
213 i Victoria M5 Beckett, born 1896Randwick; died 1898 Inverell.
+ 214 ii Stella Beatrice5 Beckett, born 1898 Inverell; died 1934 Tingha. She married Alfred Alexander Vickery.
171. Agnes5 Andrew (Sarah4 Tabor, Martha3 Beckett, James2, James1), born 1878. She married in 1899 unknown.
Children of Agnes Andrew were as follows:
215 i George
172. Ida Maud5 Andrew (Sarah4 Tabor, Martha3 Beckett, James2, James1), born 1882. She married in 1908 in Australia NSW Sydney Joseph Ashworth.
Children of Ida Maud Andrew and Joseph Ashworth were as follows:
216 i Leah
173. Gertrude Violet5 Andrew (Sarah Matilda Jane4 Aldstone, Martha3 Beckett, James2, James1), born 16 Mar 1880 Wells Street, Redfern; died 1960. She married in 1902 Alexander John Paul Longmuir, born 1876 in Dunedin, NZ ; died 1948 Drummoyne, son of Burnett Hervey Longmuir and Agnes Ballantyne.
Children of Gertrude Violet Andrew and Alexander John Paul Longmuir were as follows:
217 i Jack Andrew
+ 218 ii Alexander Burnett6 Longmuir, born 1 Feb 1905. He married Venus Mary Uren.
219 iii George Acres6 Longmuir, born 1808; died 1861. He married Gwynne Hain.
220 iv Hervy6 Longmuir, born 30 Aug 1911; died 1993. He married Dorothy Dixon.
221 v Marjorie Gertrude6 Longmuir, born 7 Apr 1915. She married Darken Hutchinson.
222 vi John Kenneth6 Longmuir, born 11 Oct 1923; died 2000. He married Joy McPherson.