Australian English Genealogy

Descendants of John Frederick Cobcroft

Notes - Page 17

George Thomas Erby

Death Of Mr. George Thomas Erby
One of Parramatta's oldest and mrost respected citizens, Mr. George Thomas Erby, died in Parramatta District Hospital last Friday, aged 81. Mr. Erby is survived by a widow, five sons and two daughters. Three of his sons are doctors Dr. A. B. Erby, of Parramatta, Dr. E F. Erby, of Wingham, and Dr. S. T. Erby, of McLeay Street, Sydney. The other sons are Alderman G. W. Erby of Parramatta Council, and Mr. Harold Erby of Sydney. His two daughters are Miss Kathleen Erby and Miss Doris Erby. A tireless worker for Parramatta District Hospital, Mr. Erby was a member of the board of directors for over 40 years. He was a hospital. patron for over ten years. Starting business in Parramatta in 1890, Mr. Erby retired in 1938. He was one of the oldest members of the Parramatta Bowling Club. The cremation took place privately at Rookwood on Saturday last, Rev. Putland officiating.
Source: The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers Advocate 3 Jly 1946

305. Ebenezer Hall Cobcroft


A FAMILIAR identity of Windsor for sev eral years past, Mr. Ebenezer Hall Cob croft, passed away in the District Hospital on Tuesday at the age of 63 years. A na tive of Wilberforce, deceased was a son of the late George Cobcroft, who was a well known drover in this district during his day. Forty-one years ago the late "Eb." Cob croft, as the deceased was familiarly known to his intimates, was married at Windsor, the issue being three children, viz., May (Mrs. O'Connor), John and Cecil. For a number of years the deceased was employ ed as a carter in Sydney, where he was badly crushed between two vehicles, and from the injuries sustained he never properly recovered. As a result of the accident he was unable to follow his occupation, from which he retired about six years ago and came to reside at Windsor. His wife died about five years ago. The remains were interred in St, Matthew's Church of Eng land cemetery, Windsor, on Tuesday after noon, Rev. N. Jenkyn conducting the burial service. The funeral arrangements were carried out by Mr. Chandler.
Source: Windsor and Richmond Gazette 17 Apr 1931