Australian English Genealogy

Descendants of William Eaton

Notes - Page 5

247. John William Nichols

Died from accidental gunshot wound

Benjamin Micklethwaite

The death occurred at Sandgate on Wednesday last (says the "Gayndah Gazette") after a long and painful illness, of Mr Ben Micklethwaite, of Holroyd, for long years a resident of the Burnett. For the past twelve months deceased had been suffering from an internal complaint, which gradually wore him down. During the past couple of months the illness developed most painful conditions, and death must have come as a happy release. He leaves a widow but no children. Up to about eighteen months ago deceased presented the embodiment of health. He always led a most active life. His occupation was that of a grazier, a calling he made a success of. For years past deceased was a central figure in all district social events. Invariably he was found installed as Master of Ceremonies, and for a man of his advanced years his activity and artistic movement in the dancing arena was always most noticable. The fact that Mr Micklethwaite was M.C. was a guarantee of enjoyment. As a Queenslander, deceased was one of our worthy pioneers, held in the highest respect throughout his career. His body was interred at Sandgate.

Source: The Maryborough Chronicle 12 Jan 1920

Abraham John Ezzy

There passed away on Thursday night last, 18th inst. in the Biggenden Hospital, one of the oldest and most respected residents of the Teebar district, in the person of Mr Abraham John Ezzy, at the age of 70 years. The deceased had not been in the best of health for some months, and eventually about 9 weeks ago he became an inmate of the Biggenden Hospital.. By his quiet disposition and stirling qualities, the late Mr Ezzy had endeared himself to a very large circle of friends. ... Born at Maitland in NSW, in 1851, the late Mr Ezzy came to Teebar in his youth. In 1872, he married the youngest daughter (one of the twins) of the late Mr and Mrs John Eaton, of Teebar Station, and lived at Neardie in the Tiaro district for a few years. He then returned to Teebar and took over the management of the station, which position he held for 20 years until the death of Mr Eaton in 1904. He then removed to 'The Downs' (originally part of the Teebar Estate) and has resided there ever since, engaged in grazing. .... Encased in a massive oak casket, heavily mounted in silver, the body was conveyed by rail on Friday from Biggenden to Brooweena, whence it was taken to the local cemetery.

Source: Maryborough Chronicle 20 Aug 1921